Museum entry + exceptional screening of the film “Equipes Nationales”.
A touching film retracing the journey of young rescuers during the Second World War in the Le Havre region
Your entrance ticket to the museum entitles you to the free screening of the film “Equipes Nationales”
This screening takes place in the presence of the film’s team, including Henriette Leprovost (93 years old), witness and advisor for the film. It is followed by an exchange with the protagonists.
Watch the film on July 18 and visit the museum anytime between July 18 and August 31, 2020.
Have you just visited the museum * and have you kept your ticket? Take advantage of the free screening. (Contact us to register for the session)
This touching documentary traces the journey of young rescuers during the German occupation in the city of Le Havre. With the help of testimonies and archives, the team reconstructed the little-known story of these young Normans who worked with courage and altruism.
What could be better than the testimony of a spectator to talk about it:
Documentary offering a vision of an unknown part of the history of Le Havre. a beautiful tribute to dedication, to altruism. The emotion is just and full of humanism. a big thank to the whole team and above all a great respect for these “history walkers who will have been able to pass on their riches to us between laughter and tears. Lili
Des années de guerre, une bataille, la vie quotidienne…
Your entry ticket to the Normandy Victory Museum gives you access to a journey through some twenty hyperrealistic scenes recounting Hedgerows Hell and the daily life of soldiers and civilians in the weeks following the Normandy landings. The soundscapes bring you into the special atmosphere of this period. During your journey, you will be able to observe no less than 10,000 collectibles – most of which are authentic. Some will nostalgically remind you of a certain era.
At Normandy Victory Museum, military history is told to you with precision and explained simply, but we are also keen to show you another side of the war and the Dday. Throughout this period of fighting, the allies and the enemies coexisted, the military and the civilians, women, children, prisoners, the victors, the vanquished … discover their daily lives with us.
The evening program
- Date: Saturday July 18, 2020
- Doors open: 7:00 p.m.
- Presentation of the film and the team
- Film start: 7:45 p.m.
- Debrief and questions and answers: 8:30 p.m.
Location: Normandy Victory Musem movie theater (inside the museum)
- Hydroalcoholic gel is available at the entrance
- Mask required during projection
- The museum is accessible by manual and electric wheelchair.
- Our friends dogs are allowed in the museum (kept on a leash and subject to the behavior of the animal or the owners)
- Free parking with 300 spaces accessible to motorhomes.
- A restaurant is available within the museum (learn more)
- Your Film / museum entry ticket is valid for the cinema screening and gives you access to the museum valid between July 18 and August 31, 2020.
To take with you for the visit of the museum
- If you want to use the audio guide app, you will need a smartphone and your headphones.
- Your cinema admission ticket (if you visit a day other than July 18)
OUR OPENING TIME IN HIGH SEASON 2020
The museum is open every day from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm without interruption.
* Ticket office closes at 6 p.m.
Our opening time in low season 2020/2021
- The museum is open every day from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
From November 02 to January 3, 2021
- The museum is only open at weekends from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and every day during the Christmas holidays (From December 19 to January 3) – Closed on December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.
Closed from January 4 to January 31, 2021
From February 1 to April 2, 2021
- The museum is only open on weekends from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and every day during the winter holidays (from February 13 to March 7 inclusive)
* ticket office closed one hour before the museum closes
THESE TIMES ARE VALID FOR INDIVIDUALS
For any GROUP request and subject to availability, the museum may open exceptionally at any time of the year.
Our opening time in high season 2021
- The museum is open every day from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm without interruption.
* Ticket office closes at 6 p.m.
From the N13 take the Carentan / La fourchette exit then follow the Normandie Victory Museum signs