Guided tour in a Dodge WC51 – 1h30
“At the heart of the Hedgerows hell” in a vintage military vehicle
Guided tour “Cobra special” only on July 23 and 24, 2022
Climb aboard a vintage military vehicle (DODGE WC51) for a guided tour of the Normandy bocage in the heart of what was the scene of the Battle of the Hedges.
- 44€/Person for the tour alone (without museum entrance)
- 50€/Person with the visit of the museum (you benefit from the museum entrance at a reduced rate of 6€ and save 3€ per person).
- If you book for 7 people, the 7th place in the Dodge is free!
Your DODGE passenger ticket entitles you to entry to the museum at the reduced rate (€6 instead of €9). To book a tour with a visit to the museum: select the number of passengers, the date and the time then click on “continue shopping” and now select the number of museum tickets corresponding to the number of passengers.
Booking solution offered by our partner Addock (France) - The reservation screen may take a while to appear. In the event of a malfunction, do not hesitate to contact us on +33 233 717 494 or via our contact form
Your Dodge tour in a nutshell
Embark aboard a vintage military vehicle (Dodge WC51) for a commented visit to the heart of what was the scene of the Battle of the Hedges: the Normandy bocage. Our guide takes you in the direction of Montmartin-en-Graignes passing through the hamlet of Raye or Saint-Jean-de-Daye, places which saw the passage of the 29th and 30th American infantry divisions in 1944. Places which saw soldiers struggle and toil meter after meter with heavy casualties. To understand what happened in those days of July 1944, climb aboard and listen to history.
Practical information and what you need to know
- Dodge tour duration: 1h30
- In case of rain and depending on the intensity, the vehicle is covered (Uncovered in good weather).
- A running board is available for boarding the vehicle.
- The seats at the back are made of wood (it’s not very soft but quite acceptable)
- The journey does not present any particular risks for fragile people, however it is a little bumpy in places. Do not hesitate to ask us if you have any doubts.
- Our dog friends are not allowed in the vehicle for security reasons.
- The vehicle is not equipped to allow access for people with reduced mobility.
- Children are allowed from 7 years old.
With your smartphone and headphones, access our free application with texts, audios, videos and additional resources.
The A10 Canteen, brasserie-pizzeria with terrace, with vintage decor from the 1940s welcomes you directly within the walls of the museum.
Our shop offers a wide selection of souvenirs, books, games and toys, clothing, militaria items on the theme of the Second World War
Easy access by RN13, large free car park accessible to cars, coaches and motorhomes.