The “Terroir pack”: Discovery day in the Baie des Veys in la Manche
“Three “essentials” from the Baie des Veys for an entertaining, gourmet and cultural day
- The Normandy Victory Museum, visit to the Hedgerows Hell museum in Carentan
- La galerie du Caramel, discovery of the making of the famous Isigny candy
- Les bateliers du Cotentin, boat trip in the marshes
A day punctuated by a gourmet lunch on the banks of the Taute river
For groups of 20 to 55 participants.
In the morning, guided tour of La Galerie du Caramel
La Galerie du Caramel in Isigny-sur-mer, welcomes you for a discovery of the production of its famous caramels. From the milk harvest, to packaging and manufacturing. Through this visit, a whole universe is revealed to you, we tell you about the history of cream, Norman cows, the town of Isigny (town of Walt Disney family!), butter, oysters, apples … In short, you understand, you are invited to a meeting with all the richness of a region.
At the end of the visit, the participants leave with a surprise!
At noon, river ride aboard La rosée du soleil and lunch
Aboard La Rosée du Soleil, The boatmen of Cotentin, take you to the heart of the marsh to discover the exceptional flora and fauna of the Marais du Cotentin Natural Park. Your guides tell you with passion and enthusiasm, the life of the marsh which, although so sweet today, has known much noisier and more difficult days. It is indeed here in the heart of the marsh that many soldiers fell during the airdrops of the landing. Like all the local population, we do not forget the sacrifice of their men. To remember these moments through this trip on the Taute rive is also to pay tribute to them.
Lunch at la maison des Ormes
For a break, a lunch with local products is served at the Maison des Ormes, along the river.
In the afternoon, guided tour of the Normandy Victory Museum
Because here the land is marked by history, your discovery day cannot be complete without diving into the history offered by the Normandy Victory Museum. Beyond the history of the Second World War and the DDay, it is a focus on the Hedgerows Hell that we offer.
Our guide, a member of the museum, accompanies you in the midst of twenty or so sound and orchestrated stages in every detail. A series of chronological tables ranging from occupation to liberation. He delivers to you with passion and pedagogy pieces of history, of the great but also of the small history, the local one, that lived by the people of here. During this tour you are invited to observe more than 10,000 authentic collectibles collected by the founders of the museum. Some can even be taken in hand to better understand what could have been the life or the mission of these men and women during the war.
For a festive and full day, add these options
> Vintage vehicle ride
Embark your guests in a vintage military vehicle and travel the legendary runway of the A10 Airfield, an American military airfield built by the allies during the landing.
> Festive dinner at the A10 Canteen pub restaurant
Our partner restaurant, A10 Canteen, offers a festive meal in a vintage Liberty setting from the 1940s with American accents.
- The museum and banquet hall are accessible by manual and electric wheelchairs.
- Free parking with 300 spaces accessible to the motorhome
- Our friends dogs are allowed in the museum (kept on a leash and subject to the behavior of the animal or the owners)
- Full offer available from April to October
- From November to March, lunch on the Taute river is replaced by lunch at the A10 Canteen, our partner restaurant.
From 45 € TTC / person (excluding transport and options)
For groups and professionals, it is possible to organize visits, activities and events outside the usual museum openings and in any season. Do not hesitate to ask us.
OUR SCHEDULES IN HIGH SEASON 2020
The museum is open every day from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm without interruption.
* Ticket office closes at 6 p.m.
Our schedules in low season 2020/2021
- The museum is open every day from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
From November 02 to January 3, 2021
- The museum is only open at weekends from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and every day during the Christmas holidays (From December 19 to January 3) – Closed on December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.
Closed from January 4 to January 31, 2021
From February 1 to April 2, 2021
- The museum is only open on weekends from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and every day during the winter holidays (from February 13 to March 7 inclusive)
* ticket office closed one hour before the museum closes
THESE TIMES ARE VALID FOR INDIVIDUALS
For any GROUP request and subject to availability, the museum may open exceptionally at any time of the year.
Our schedules in high season 2021
- The museum is open every day from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm without interruption.
* Ticket office closes at 6 p.m.
From the N13 take the Carentan / La fourchette exit then follow the Normandie Victory Museum signs