Tour in a 1940s Dodge vehicle in the Normandy countryside
Dear visitors, following new government measures, we are forced to ask you for a health pass or a negative Covid test of less than 72 hours for people 18 years of age and over (Removal of the 50-person gauge). thank you for your understanding – See the full protocol
Our driver takes you in a 1940s DODGE WC military vehicle for a journey through the small paths around the museum. During the visit he shares with you his passion for the battle of the hedges and explains to you why the soldiers experienced so many difficulties in this Norman landscape.
Entrance to the museum included
30 € / person
Confirmation within 48 hours max Cancellation possible up to 48 hours before the scheduled day
Booking solution offered by our partner Addock (France) - The reservation screen may take a while to appear. In the event of a malfunction, do not hesitate to contact us on +33 233 717 494 or via our contact form
Your tour in Dodge in detail
- Duration 20 min
- Entrance to the museum included
- Departures every day at 2 p.m.
A commented tour in the heart of the Norman hedges
In groups of a maximum of 9 people, you board a Dodge WC military vehicle from the 1940s.
Discover the Norman “chasses” (small paths) which caused so many problems for the Allied soldiers during the Battle of the Hedges. On board a Dodge WC, an American military vehicle from the 1940s, our driver takes you for a twenty-minute walk around the museum. He explains the terrain to you, reminds you of the Battle of the Hedges, shares anecdotes and exchanges with you with passion and simplicity. You will go to the A10 Airfield commemorative stele erected in memory of the pilots who gave their lives for freedom.
Museum visit included
Before or after your Dodge ride, immerse yourself in history by visiting a museum with a unique atmosphere. Around twenty sound-enhanced scenes arranged along your immersive journey and nearly 10,000 authentic collector’s items await you. Your journey takes you from occupation by the German army to Victory through the Battle of the Hedges, a major event in the fighting in the English Channel.
- Visible health protocol here
- Departures are from two people. If you are alone, you will be part of a group.
- Duration of the commented walk: about 20 minutes
- Duration of the museum visit: around 1h30
- Cancellation possible up to 48 hours before the start of the activity.
- Our friends the dogs are allowed in the museum (kept on a leash and subject to the behavior of the animal or masters) but will not enter the tank.
- Free parking with 300 spaces easily accessible by coach and motorhome
- The museum is accessible by manual and electric wheelchair.
- If you want to use the audio guide application, you will need a smartphone and if possible your headphones.
- Hours and access