SKIP-THE-LINE TICKET – UNDATED ADMISSION TICKET
This ticket gives you access to the museum and to the exceptional exhibition* “Jean Gabin, La guerre c’est pas du cinéma” (*from April 1 to November 5, 2023).
With this ticket you go in front of everyone else on busy days.
- Full price: 9€
- Free up to 6 years old (included)
- Young person from 7 to 17 years old (included): 6€
- Reduced price (teacher, student, military, reservist, disabled person): 6€
- Large family package: 2 ad. + 3 or 4 children: 30€
- Cancellation and refund possible at any time
Outdoor facilities, rue André Gidon (hall) and the shop are freely accessible.
Free access to the audio guide application on your smartphone (remember your headphones)
Your visit in details
Your entrance ticket to the NORMANDY VICTORY MUSEUM gives you access to a journey through some twenty hyper-realistic scenes that tell the daily life of soldiers but also civilians in the weeks following the Normandy landings.
You follow a chronological journey that starts under the German occupation and ends with Operation Cobra which also marks the end of the Battle of the Hedges. The staging is meticulous, almost lively and the sound system reinforces the impression of reality and the atmosphere of the time. The information is disseminated via different media, which makes the visit captivating: scenes, texts, photos, videos, archive films, objects to be handled, audioguide application (with additional content for the most passionate among you).
Two new scenes were created in 2022
From the start of your tour, you are invited to enter an authentic landing craft. In small groups you watch a film of about five minutes, specially made for the museum. In this work which mixes archive images and illustrations, you follow the veteran Bill Parker who tells you about “his landing” on Omaha-beach.
A little further on, another setting presents a P47 Thunderbolt (famous American fighter) that fell in the Normandy bocage, not far from the houses. It is a 1:1 scale model that takes place in a subtly staged setting to touch the uncertain daily life of civilians during the bombardments.
During your journey, you can observe more than 10,000 collectibles – most of them authentic – which are integrated into the scenes or presented in showcases.
Portraits of veterans
In collaboration with Florent Plana, professional guide in Normandy, known for his countless interviews with veterans (more than 900 to date), we are offering you a superb exhibition integrated into the “Portraits of veterans” tour. An emotional exhibition in the form of photos, audio tapes and videos, which is particularly appreciated by our visitors.
Exhibition: Women in war
After the classic route, we offer you a thematic exhibition that highlights the important role of women during the war. A role sometimes overlooked, which was often minimized and of which we have finally taken the measure. Discover the destiny of these extraordinary women: women of courage on a daily basis, workers, soldiers, airplane pilots, fighters, resistance fighters…
At the Normandy Victory Museum, the story of the Battle of the Hedges is told to you with precision and explained simply. We are also keen to show you all the facets of the war and of D-Day. Throughout this period of fighting, allies and enemies, soldiers and civilians, women, children, prisoners, victors and vanquished lived together… discover their daily life with us.
- You are allowed to take photos in the museum (without flash)
- Some objects can be handled.
- The A10 Canteen restaurant, located on the museum grounds, is open almost all year round (find out more)
- Our friends the dogs are allowed in the museum (kept on a leash and subject to the behavior of the animal or owners)
- To accompany you on your visit, a free guide application in several languages is available via your smartphone. Remember to bring your headphones.
- Duration of the visit : between 1h30 and 3h
- Free parking of 300 places easily accessible by bus and camping car
- The museum is accessible by manual and electric wheelchairs.
- If you wish to use the audioguide application, you will need a smartphone and your headphones (in case you forget, headphones on sale at the museum for 1€)
- Opening hours and access
Skip-the-line ticket, Go ahead of everyone!
Buy your ticket online and on the day of your visit, avoid the queue at the cash desk. Cancellation possible at any time.
From April 1 to November 5, 2023, exceptional exhibition “Jean Gabin, la guerre c’est pas du cinéma
Come and discover the often overlooked commitment of this icon of French cinema. Personal objects, unpublished photos, a model of tank like the one he drove and the presence of the son of the actor, Mathias Moncorgé. An event not to be missed, accessible with your entrance ticket.